You can make any game that follows the overall game guidelines and server-side logic guidelines. Rune takes care of netcode, servers, voice chat, matchmaking, and much more. You just focus on your game.
Examples of Supported Games
- Tic Tac Toe, Chess, Connect Four, Battleships, and other board games
- 8 Ball Pool, Golf Around!, Football Tactics & Glory, and other turn-based sports games
- Crosswords, Sudoku, and other co-op games with simultaneous playing
- Catan, Yahtzee, Monopoly and other strategy games with randomness
- Pet Simulator, Powerwash Simulator, The Game of Life, and other simulation games
- Worms World Party, Bowmasters, and other physics-based games
- Codenames, Guess Who, Werewolf, and other party games
- SimCity, Age of Empires, Tetris, Plants vs. Zombies and other strategy games
- Snake, Bomberman, Pac-Man, and other fast-paced arcade games
These are just some examples to give you an idea. Pretty much any multiplayer game is possible with Rune!
We have a lot of exciting things in the pipeline to make your game even more awesome and fun to play together. Some highlights of what will be available soon are:
- Custom game over
- Landscape mode
We're also continuously optimizing the SDK and expanding our server presence so that your players get a smoother experience with less CPU usage and lower latency!